Tonbridge Netball League
The Tonbridge Netball League (TNL) is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of its members.
We aim to provide you with the highest levels of customer service whilst you are accessing our services. To do this, we must keep records about you and the services we provide for you. We aim to maintain high standards, adopt best practice for our record keeping and regularly check and report on how we are doing.
• only collect personal data for specified purposes
• explain why we are collecting personal data
• where necessary, seek consent relating to the use of personal data
• retain personal data securely and
• only hold personal data for a specified amount of time after which it will be deleted.
If you have any questions regarding this policy or our privacy practices then please contact us:
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We may change our privacy notices from time to time, so please check the Tonbridge Netball League website (http://www.tonbridgenetball.org/) occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes.
TNL’s Privacy Statement contains the following important information regarding the use of personal information.
• What is personal information?
• How TNL collects personal information
• How TNL uses personal information
• When TNL discloses personal information
• Storage and security of personal information
• Access to personal information
1. What is personal information?
Personal information is information about an individual who can be identified, or whose identity could be reasonably ascertained, from the information.
2. How TNL collects personal information
To deliver and enhance the services offered by TNL, certain personal information is collected. TNL collects personal information from individuals when:
• The individual registers to enter the league
• The individual participates in a TNL organised course
• The individual requests information from TNL
• The individual provides information to TNL committee members
3. How TNL uses personal information
TNL will only collect information that is necessary for them to carry out the primary purpose of providing services relating to running the league. Personal information may be used in order to:
• Provide the services required
• Internal accounting and administration
• Regulatory reporting and compliance
• Help TNL to inform and identify other products or services that may be of benefit
TNL will only share the information with Kent Netball, England Netball and authorised third parties. The information may be held in both paper and electronic form.
If TNL sends any information about services or products that are not required, or a member does not want personal information disclosed to any other organisation (including related organisations) they can advise TNL accordingly by writing to the Secretary.
If the member does not advise TNL otherwise, they will be deemed to have confirmed their agreement on their own behalf and/or on behalf of others that they represent.
4. When we disclose personal information
TNL discloses personal information to other organisations that is necessary to assist in providing services. The organisations include outsourced service providers who manage the services provided to members, including:
• the Association administrators;
• England Netball
• authorised third parties;
• Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
TNL limits the use and disclosure of any personal information to such organisations for the specific purpose for which it is supplied.
When a member provides TNL with personal information about other individuals, TNL relies on that member to make the individual aware that the information has been provided to TNL and for what purpose, and to whom it may be disclosed and also how they can access their information.
5. Storage and Security of personal information
Personal information may be held in both paper file and computer file form. TNL Netball has implemented measures of a reasonable nature to ensure that all personal information is securely stored from misuse, loss and unauthorised handling. All information will be securely and appropriately destroyed at the end of each season.
6. Accuracy of personal information
TNL takes reasonable steps to ensure that whenever personal information is collected or disclosed, it is accurate, complete and up to date.
7. Access to personal information
The member has a right to access their personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. The member can gain access to their personal information by contacting TNL. The member may also advise TNL at any time about possible breaches of privacy, or inaccurate, incomplete personal information, that may have changed.